To facilitate communication between school and home, first schooling day of the month, has been set aside as Monthly Communication Day. The school will issue School Notification (SN) letters electronically via Parents Gateway to keep you informed of upcoming school events and announcements. Parents may continue to access and read the SN online (https://southviewpri.moe.edu.sg/info-hub/school-notification). The monthly SN will be available every first schooling day of the month after 12 noon. For parents who have indicated that you have no internet access, kindly inform us so that we will make arrangements for your child to receive printed copies of the notification.
The SN serves to keep parents/guardians informed of school matters such as policies and guidelines, upcoming school events and announcements. Past notifications are also available on the school website for your reference.
Parents seeking clarifications on class-related matters are encouraged to contact the teachers through:
- Student Diary - Aside from allowing pupils to note down instructions pertaining to homework and other school and class-related matters, teachers may also leave messages for parents in the diary.
- Leaving messages with the staff at the General Office - The messages will be relayed to the teachers concerned and they will contact you as soon as practicable.
- Emails - Form Teachers will be sharing their email addresses in the Welcome Letters to the class. Email addresses of the subject teachers are also available on the school website.
As far as possible, teachers will respond to parents’ queries within 3 working days. Teachers may not be immediately available to respond to calls, text messages or requests for meet-up as they may be having lessons in class. We seek you understanding and patience on this matter.
Parents Gateway is a mobile app developed by MOE to support parents’ involvement in their child’s educational journey. The app enables you to receive information from the school and perform a range of administrative functions such as receiving school announcements, giving consent for school programmes and activities, and declaring travel plans.
- PG Onboarding Guide
- Quick start up guide for PG app
- Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)