Reasons to join SVPA
For P1 parents, kindly download the cover letter here
South View Primary School Parents Association (SVPA) partners with the school to initiate and organise an exciting array of activities and events for parents and children. We stay united and committed to work with the school in bringing the best out of our child(ren).
1. Acting as a voice for parents
- SVPA allow parents to opt for greater involvement in the school activities than before. Parents now have a legitimate voice for giving constructive feedback to the school. This, in turn, creates a more positive relationship between parents and school and eliminates the possibility of misunderstandings. SVPA, provide a channel for parents to raise issues and concerns, seek clarification of decisions and resolve problems. It also enables the school to identify and respond to issues of interest to parents.
2. Parents as resource
- Parental participation encourages other parents to join SVPA. Parent representatives are, therefore, better able to convince other parents to be involved in school, to work with them for the betterment of the school, than school personnel.
3. Benefit to your child
- Student whose parents are involved in their education exhibit more positive attitudes and behaviour ;
- Are able to bridge the cultural gap between home and school;
- Are less anti-social and less prone to violence and alcohol abuse;
- Are more likely to succeed in their academic pursuits and develop a working relationship with their teachers and
- Keep up with what is happening in their school.
In conclusion, the student's parents are able to
- Create a home environment that encourages learning;
- Communicate high, yet reasonable, expectations of their child's achievement and future career and
- Become involved in their child's education at school and in the community.
As a SVPA member, you will be entitled to the following benefits and exclusive access to:
1. WhatsApp class group chats (P1-P2) to share information with other parents
2. SVPA-organised workshops, seminars, parenting programmes, dialogue sessions with school
3. Advanced notice to parent-volunteer opportunities for school activities (Children's Day, Teacher’s Day etc)
4. Information of practical online parenting or child workshops for signup
5. Opportunities to collaborate & contribute expertise, aligning with school's vision and mission
6. SVPA interest/support groups
How to be a SVPA member?
It's easy! Simply complete the online application form (https://bit.ly/32WDOLE) and submit a payment of SGD30.00 (New Signup for 6 years) via PAYNOW.
Application Form QR Code
PayNow QR Code (Scan using your respective banking apps)
Acknowledgment of payment will be sent to your registered email address once verified.
- Only one category of membership - Ordinary Members
- Open to parents of current pupils in South View Primary School
- Every member shall pay a non-refundable one-time entrance fee
- Fee to be paid is based on the age of the youngest child studying in South View Primary School at the time of application
- Fee is to be paid together with the submission of the hardcopy or online application form.
Fee Structure for NEW member
- Youngest child studying in Primary 1 - S$30.00
- Youngest child studying in Primary 2 - S$25.00
- Youngest child studying in Primary 3 - S$20.00
- Youngest child studying in Primary 4 - S$15.00
- Youngest child studying in Primary 5 - S$10.00
- Youngest child studying in Primary 6 - S$5.00
EXAMPLE HOW THE FEE STRUCTURE WORKS:
Existing SVPA member based on “Eldest Child” record:
Eldest child studying in Primary 4 in 2022 (Paid $30 from year 2019 to year 2024 for 6 years)
Youngest child studying in Primary 1 in 2022.
The renewal membership fee will be $15 which means you will be a SVPA member till 2027. (until your youngest child leaves school)
< *$5 per year continuning year 2025 to 2027 based on your youngest child>
Page last updated on: 15 November 2021